Friday, March 20, 2009

Original Maternal Dreamer: "Mommy I cut My Hair" Directed by Stephanie Willis. Performed and Told/Written by Ramona King

This is an excerpt from Maternal Dreamer as it was performed at the National Hispanic Cultural Center in March 2008 for the Women and Creativity Month Events. The premise of Maternal Dreamer is about empowerment and realizing dreams via taking a stand. I share how my daughter did this with me and how I had come around to accept her choice as there was no turning back.

1 comment:

  1. Ramona King is a courageous artist. Some of us burries our hurt, fear, hate and anger alive and the end result; some of us walk around with a heavy burden that cause depression and even an unpleasant individual. This creative writer and performer demonstrate dealing with not only pain from the past/present but also graqsping on to the good things of prosperity of life.

    ReplyDelete